EMEA Internal Control Officer
Do you bring a lot of energy into the professional world?
Ready for the chance to join a large yet growth-oriented organization?
A global Fin Tech company located in Poznań seeks a bright and passionate EMEA Internal Control Officer to join the team!
The role is to conduct Internal Control function in PL and other countries in EMEA Region. Provide interpersonal solutions to support PayU employees in accurate, effective, reasonable and efficient performance of their obligations pursuant to the provisions of law by making recommendations regarding the implementation of functional controls and to help managers supervise the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes and mechanisms applied in PayU and compliance with them in practice in an ever-changing environment. Support regulatory requirements regarding Risk and IC for PL entity
- Maintain and improve Internal Control process and methodology across EMEA Region according with company regulations and the law;
- Drive processes improvement in collaboration with process owners;
- Conduct Internal Control activities;
- Co-ordinate and control work of Internal Control Officers across EMEA Region;
- Provide meaningful reports/presentations and required information concerning Internal Control function and to summarize IC operations;
- Co-ordination Internal Audits.
- Propose and coordinate the internal control plan for EMEA Region;
- Prepare a detailed scope of control measures and tests;
- Supervise Institutional Controls conducted by local Internal Control Officers in EMEA Region;
- Discuss remarks and agree recommendations with manager and controlled person/department;
- Supervise and review the implementation of IC recommendations including the findings and recommendations of internal and external audits.
- Propose guidelines for functional controls;
- Verify and approve internal regulations;
- support Control Owner in the process of crafting and improving functional controls,
- Update, revise, and prepare functional controls to reflect current programs, procedures, and policies.
Risk Management (PL)
- Conduct regular Risk Register reviews together with Risk Owners;
- Support design and implementation of risk mitigation plan;
- Provide updates and reports to Risk Management Committee;
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements regarding risk management and internal control processes
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Internal Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management;
- Strong understanding of internal control, financial documentation, business process analysis and risk assessment;
- Proficient skills in data analysis;
- High level of self-motivation, determination and confidence;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of MS Office;
- Knowledge of SQL will be additional value;
- Qualification confirmed by CIA or similar certification will be an additional value.
What we offer:
- A diverse working environment within a multicultural setting;
- An inclusive environment that ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions;
- A positive, get-things-done workplace;
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this);
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale;
- A democratic work environment where you can drive your outcomes.
PayU is the payments and fintech business of Prosus, a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world.
PayU’s local operations in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia enable us to combine the expertise of high growth companies with our own unique local knowledge and technology to ensure that our customers have access to the best financial services.
We support over 350,000+ merchants and millions of consumers making payments online with over 250 payment methods and 1,800+ payment specialists. The markets in which PayU operates represent a potential consumer base of nearly 2.3 billion people and a huge growth potential for merchants.
Our Commitment to Building A Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.