Role: Director – Risk Operations
About the Role:
The role has responsibility for developing and implementing risk assessment models in merchant onboarding other than KYC. Effective methods to identify unusual transaction patterns routed by the merchants. Support implementation of the risk management policy of the Company.Ensure that the Risk Services, Service Level Agreement with Business is implemented effectively and Support the Company in overall business development.
What you’ll be doing:
Thorough Implementation of Risk Plans
- Achieve market-level fraud targets (issuing and acquiring, cross border acquiring etc)
- Manage merchant risk relationships (risk committees /forums, risk and security training, other)
- Manage risk initiatives and process improvement projects
- Support deployment of products and solutions by optimal risk assessment
- With product team, manage merchant risk communications strategy
- Support in addressing Merchant Settlement Risk, AML, Enterprise Risk Management and Risk Strategy & Operations in risk identification and mitigation
- Build relationship with industry stakeholders, regulator and law enforcement agencies
Reduce fraud and minimize the impact on operational and reputational risk
- Managing investigation and prevent cases
- Manage issuance of compromise-related alerts, updates and fraud-related articles for clients (managing emerging fraud trends, Merchant monitoring best practices, etc.)
- Manage escalations from law enforcement agencies and regulatory training seminars
- Create market level medium term (3 years) fraud mitigating roadmaps to address emerging fraud trends
- Achieve compliance targets
- Reputation management and communications – With product team, manage risk communications strategy for large account lapses identified by VISA or through internal rules. Develop risk communications plan in identified segments.
- Manage major compromise cases – analysis, account distribution, communications, follow-up, resolution etc.
- Manage fraud account case follow-up from merchants, LEAs and Sales teams
- Conduct training programs for relevant stakeholders
What are we looking for?
- At least 8 years in risk management experience gained through consumer banking, payment gateways and card operations
- Degree qualified. post-graduate qualifications preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and related software
- Data analysis skills
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines governing payments industry
- Knowledge of card crime laws and prosecution
- Data Security Certifications / knowledge or relevant technical skills are an advantage
- Consumer banking and card operations experience
- Understanding Visa operations, products and services
- Risk management expertise
- Team work
- Customer service experience
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Training skills
- Fluent business written and spoken English
What we offer
- A positive, get-things-done workplace
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- An inclusive environment that ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions.
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale
- Access to 5000+ training courses accessible anytime/anywhere to support your growth and development (Corporate with top learning partners like Harvard, Coursera, Udacity)
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18+ high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell, and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more at www.payu.com
Our Commitment to Building A Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and safe environment, for all our people, communities, and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility, and unbiased attention to every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color, or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities, or the LGBTQ communities.